This initiative provides nonprofit organizations with free and reduced cost access to Microsoft tools, software and technical assistance.
The Madison Community Foundation provides support and resources for nonprofit organizations, including arts and environmental.
Alcohol Help - Now is the right time to take a step in the right direction and explore a life without alcohol. Reach out to Alcohol Help today to start anew.
Live Another Day - Extensive information on mental health and substance use resources for people of color. Their mission is equal access to life-saving resources. They have guides for black, Latinx, Asian, and native people.
Detox Local - An extensive list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (American Asian and Pacific Islander) community.
Health & Wellness
For children with cerebral palsy, therapy is a crucial form of treatment. Therapy is not intended to cure a child’s condition, but rather help them manage and decrease their symptoms. Common types of cerebral palsy therapy include occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy.
The Institute for Research on Poverty at the UW-Madison provides downloadable information, data and trends on poverty.
1. MGE's personalized payment plans: This is for families who have fallen behind on their MGE bills and can't pay in full by the due date. We can help. Signing up for a personalized payment arrangement now may prevent collection action, late payment fees or potential disconnection of service. Residential customers can call us weekdays at (608) 252-7144 (English), (608) 252-7120 (Spanish) or (608) 252-7033 (Hmong) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. to set up a personalized payment arrangement.
For more information regarding personalized payment arrangements and resources for help, please visit mge.com/dpa. Information is available in English, Spanish and Hmong.
2. Financial assistance through Energy Services, Inc.: Dane County residents who meet the income requirements can get help paying their energy bills. Visit esi.help to apply online or call (800) 506-5596.
3. Wisconsin Help for Homeowners: This is a new statewide program that can help with overdue bills like utilities, mortgage payments, property taxes and more. Apply online.
4. Dane County emergency resources: MGE also has a list of resources available at mge.com/resources.
5. Save energy at home: FOCUS ON ENERGY® can send a free energy-saving kit to your home. Order online or call (800) 762-7077. And for more information about how to save energy at home, visit our Energy 2050 site.
Legal Services & Support
Do you want to teach your child the ins and outs of money management, help them establish good credit and encourage financial independence as they grow older? With lessons, resources and interactive games, apps and activities, this guide can help.