Select a different language for this page / seleccionar otro idioma para esta página / chagua lugha nyingine kwa ukurasa huu / xaiv lwm hom lus rau nplooj ntawv no:
UPDATE: We're Closed for Thanksgiving! From 11.24 thru 11.27.21
Urban Triage and Dane County Human Services are proud to present our rental support program as part of the Dane County CORE 2.0 collaboration with the City of Madison, Community Action Coalition (CAC), and Tenant Resource Center (TRC).
Staff and Volunteers at Urban Triage are eager to provide exceptional customer service to our community through our stigma-free call center and in-person drop-in hours for residents who live outside of the City of Madison. Supports include rental arrears, forward rent, security deposits, and utilities. We've improved processes to ensure prompt allocation of funds and callbacks.
If you've applied previously for CORE by the Tenant Resource Center and haven't received rental support, PLEASE reapply below via the DANE CORE 2.O portal. There was a glitch in transferring previous application information to the new database, and the quickest way to move forward is redoing the application. We apologize tremendously for the inconvenience and understand the frustration of resubmitting the application and all documents.
October 25, 2021, kicks off our 3rd week of providing supports. Our first two weeks were spent reviewing applications submitted through TRC (migrated over) for September. This week, 11/22/21, we're reviewing applications submitted between 10/18 thru 10/31/21.
Questions, please call our customer care line at 608-299-4128. Please allow 5 weeks for your application to process.
We're here to serve you. We hear you. We see you. We are you.
To Qualify for Rental Support
At least one of your household members must meet ALL of the following criteria to receive rental support through Dane County CORE 2.0. Please note that Urban Triage is the selected provider for all residents in Dane County outside of the City of Madison. If you reside in the city of Madison, please click here. Qualifications for all Dane County residents are below.
- Complete the application below
- You or someone in your household owe rental arrears from March of 2020 to present
- You experienced financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as receiving unemployment or significantly reduced income
- You are at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity
- Your household income is at or below 80% of Dane County's median income (click here for more information)
Documents you (the tenant) need to submit:
- You must provide documentation showing your income was impacted by COVID-19 (Click here for a list of qualifying documents)
- Documentation that your income for a 1-month period from the date of application does not exceed 80% of the Dane County Median Income (CMI)
- Verification that the rent owed is for a residence in Dane County, WI. (Click here for details)
Documents that your landlord has to submit:
- The landlord must complete their own application (click below)
- Upload a completed signed W-9 form
- Upload a ledger of all rental payments made by you (the tenant) for the last 12 months
- A copy of your lease (click here for additional information)
Customer Care Line (608) 299-4128
Monday: Not Available
Tuesday: Not Available
Wednesday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Thursday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Friday Not Available
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Coming Soon!