In partnership with Black Excellence Madison Metropolitan School District, Think Tank and Urban Triage, Inc. we're proud to present Thriving Through Adversity Workshop Series, a collection of workshops focused around a bold approach to supporting and advocating for Black families in the Madison Metropolitan School District.
In April 2019, the Black Excellence Think Tank was challenged with the task of creating a new, safer, and engaging space for Black families. One of the initial community partners to step up to the challenge was Urban Triage, Inc. At Urban Triage, Inc., we began to do expansive research around what resources and workshops would best engage and support Black families. Amid the planning and piloting, the world as we knew it changed forever. COVID-19 hit, and the population affected the most was Black families. To support families through the pandemic, Urban Triage, Inc. shifted its focus to create supports specific to the needs of Black families created by COVID-19. We began to ask what the world would look like for our families after the pandemic. Would the job market be the same? Would our children need additional supports? What would the “new normal” look like? How could we support our families to Thrive Through Adversity?
In response to these questions, Urban Triage, Inc., will be hosting 12 workshops in the upcoming weeks to help provide the answers.
Urban Triage, Inc. Thriving Through Adversity Workshop Series:
- Thriving Under a Microscope – “Zoom Meetings are the Windows to Your Home”
- A Life Better Than Mine – Talking with Your 6-18-Year-Olds About the Power of Love and Lovemaking
- Unraveling Your Truth – Finding the Source of Why You Do What You Do
- COVID-19 Community Resources Workshops with Dane County Collaboration of Black Service Providers in partnership with United Way of Dane County
- Mentally Preparing for Job Searches During COVID-19
- Work Readiness Workshop – Hosted by Michelle Bozeman of Urban League of Greater Madison
*Please visit our Urban Triage Black Excellence MMSD Facebook Page for workshop dates, times, and registration information